Hey kids! This is YOUR corner of the Maryland with PRIDE web site. You and your team can challenge other kids around the state with questions about Maryland that YOU make up. And you can earn points by answering questions from other students. The Grand Prize -- a sail aboard Pride of Baltimore II in Spring 2002 for the Team earning the most points! There will be other prizes as well - like pictures and souvenirs from Pride II for your classroom.
The Spring 2002 contest will run between Monday, January 21, and Friday, April 19, 2002. Here's how you can earn points:
Answer Questions posed by other students. Click on Questions 1-25.
Research the answers to the questions and email your answers (with
evidence) to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a response promptly. You will earn 10 points for each correct answer.
Here's how to get started:
- Form teams and select a name for your team. Each team can
have no more than 10 students. Each class or school can have as many
teams as they wish.
- Get an adult sponsor for your team. The sponsor may be a
teacher, a library or media specialist, a special teacher, or a parent.
Any adult willing to work with you is fine.
- Use the Maryland Pursuit Answer Worksheet to help you collect all the information you need to answer the question completely. The most important part is citing your evidence! The Worksheet will help you write down the evidence in the proper format.
- Email the answer and evidence for the questions you have
answered to email@example.com. Or your sponsor may email your answers. Your team may send answers as often as you like ((but it's better to answer questions a few at a time rather than waiting until you have collected answers for them all). You will receive an email response to your answers promptly. The email will tell you how many points you earned, or offer you a clue if you got something wrong. You may resubmit another answer if you got something wrong.
- In your First Email be sure to give:
After your team has been established as a player, you need only mention
the name of your team and sponsor.
- The name of your Team
- Your school, city, and school system
- The first names of the members of your team
- The name and title of your sponsor
Use the Answer Worksheet to organize your information:
Earn more points by Making Up Questions about Maryland. You will earn 20 points for each question selected.
Some of these questions will be put on the Internet for other students to answer.
Good Luck and Good Maryland!